Greetings Earthlings (& Potential Space Invaders! 👽)
How are we doing? Another week in the books in the world of crypto, and what a week indeed. Is the bottom in? Has the bear returned to its cave to hibernate? Or is this just a head fake rally until a retouching of the bottom? The truth is no one knows but what we do know is by keeping up with all the news and trends in web3 you can position yourself to navigate these tricky times more easily.
Things can move fast so we’re here to slow it down for you and give you our favorite stories floating around the cryptosphere. Remember Velvet.Capital is always here to help you with your long-term financial planning goals. We’re on a mission to make DeFi simpler and safer than ever before — no matter your level of expertise. Don’t miss the next bull market, start investing in your digital future today! You can create your own DeFi portfolios or copy a portfolio of a crypto gigabrain.
We believe in DeFi asset management done right — no funny business.
Quick Hitters:· The Miami Heat will remove FTX's name from their stadium.
· DYDX has a massive unlock on February 2nd - 105% of the circulating supply will be distributed to investors and team members. Keep your eyes posted.
· Samsung-backed Bitcoin ETF will launch on the Hong Kong stock market.
· Bitcoin went above $19,000 this week after encouraging inflation numbers from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
· DCG holdings - API3, HBAR, ZEC, FLOW, MANA - could be heavily impacted if DCG is forced to liquidate its venture assets to raise cash due to Genesis owing creditors $3b.
· Aptos-based multisig wallet Msafe, closed a $5M funding round.
· Al Tokens: FET VITD, NMR, OCEAN, CTXC, PHB. Rumors of Microsoft investing $10bn in openAl, paied with the huge chatGPT popularity, draws a callback to the late 2021 metaverse bull run. Fade the news or still some legs left to the pop?
· Binance.US Receives Initial Approval to Buy Voyager’s Assets For $1B.
· Crypto firms received $21B in funding last year.
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and/or join us on Discord & Telegram for more updates!